Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014


This week was an adventure. Let`s see, where to start?


At about 2:30 in the morning Wednesday there was apparently a small temblor. I didn`t feel it, but a few people made comments about it that day. I remember waking up at about that time and looking at the phone and thinking it was strange...I never wake up at that time, but I didn`t think much of it. So then at about 4:30 Thursday morning I woke up to my companion telling me to wake up and she was shaking the bed. (we have a bunk bed and I`m on top.). What it the world? Op! She wasn`t shaking the bed. I was able to feel for the first time a temblor -- let`s be honest I can`t for the life of me remember the word in English haha. So that was fun. I honestly am nervous of what would happen if something really horrible happened because my companion was very concerned and I just vaguely remember telling her to calm down and go back to sleep. That everything was alright and she shouldn`t worry. It apparently worked because she went back to bed. Luckily nothing else happened. It didn`t really hit me until the next day at how inconsiderate I had been. Poor girl. Then, that night as we were leaving dinner the sky was a strange red color. Like when there`s an eclipse or something. Then when we were in the church for a meeting the power went out and our entire area was without lights. How fun. I won`t lie. I slept on edge that night because our cell phone battery was low and everything just seemed strange. Luckily nothing happened except that at about 5:40 in the morning I apparently answered our cell phone without thinking and talked to one of the hermanas who had called from the cell phone of our zone leaders to see if we were going to go play soccer. Oops...I didn`t realize until I woke up at about 6:30 to get ready...haha oh my life. But don`t worry. All is well and we continue living haha

We saw a lot of miracles this week. We`ve recieved a lot of blessings and I have seen the Lord`s hand a lot in this last week. We have been blessed with references and we have been able to work a lot with less active members which is an awesome experience.

One of the miracles that we have had is that a girl that the hermanas have taught for a while finally received permission to be baptized. Her brother was baptized a few months ago and is a crazy strong member. She will be baptized on Friday afternoon. I am so happy and excited for her. She has wanted to be baptized the whole time and now finally has the chance to do so. 

I am so happy and grateful to be here and I am loving it so much. I am grateful for the miracles and the people I get to see everyday.  I love you all so much! Keep working hard and being good
Love hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment