Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick`s Day! Yes, I remembered. I am often reminded at how silly of a person I am when I remember obscure holidays in a country that doesn`t know they exist haha.  Congrats to Becky. She looks really happy.
Sorry I didn`t make clearer what cui is. It`s not fish. It`s guinea pig. It was fresh too. As in the elders killed it, she gutted and skinned the poor creatures, cooked it and served it. I love Peru.
 
Things continue to progress here in Gedeon. We really are so blessed. We had a great experience the other day with Camila. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and seems to like it. She expressed that she was able to find peace there and when there were conflicts in her home, she turned to ¨the book¨. The Spirit was so strong and I was so happy to be a part of that experience. At times we forget the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion and the importance of it. I`ve been able to experience that same peace as I have been reading it myself. We learn so much and I am so happy that our investigators are able to feel that same comfort and love. I am interested to return tomorrow to see how she is doing.
I have been reading in Alma and I love the stories and the lessons we can learn there. I read this morning the story of Ammon and how he went to teach the Lamanites. They were a hard people and they captured him and took him to the king to kill him. Instead he served them. He went and helped them with their flocks. I was thinking about it and it`s very possible that the very people with whom he was working were just as hard and horrible as those that had taken him to be killed, but when they were in their moment of desperation he was happy with the chance to serve, help, and defend those whom he called his brethren. What an interesting concept that through everything he could see an opportunity to be an example and he remembered the importance of these people -- children of God -- even after all they had done. I`ve been thinking a lot about forgiveness lately. At times it`s hard to humble ourselved. Sometimes we become frustrated and even bitter with people, but really humility and the ability to love and serve is so important. I hope that that made any sense...

I feel really boring this week. I feel like I don`t have any crazy stories. No new food nor gutting of animals. Sorry. Hopefully soon ;)  I love you all so much! Have a great week and be good!

Love Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment