Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

Can you believe that we are going to finish February this week. I certainly can not. Aun mas, I can`t believe that in finishing this week, I finish one year in my mission. At times it certainly feels like a year, and at other times it feels like a short time ago I was anxiously waiting to leave to serve. Time is a strange things, and oddly enough, I don`t think that that will change.

I am enjoying my time here in Gedeon. I`ve gotten accustomed in this month here and my companion and I can hardly believe that we will finish yet another change. Hermana Ascencio completes 4 months in her mission today. At times I feel like she`s the senior companion. She`s such a support. 

We had many many blessings this last week. A few down moments, but it always seems when things are the hardest that is when the Lord then blesses you the most. I think that that is so true in life. It`s after our time of testing and trial that he shows us his hand or if we are humble we recognize that he has been carrying us the entire time and has supported us in those moments. 

We had four investigators in church on Sunday which was awesome. We are definitely seeing the Lord blessing this area and interestingly enough, we see more success when the members are involved.That is usually how it goes though, so no suprise there.

I was happy to hear from you this week. I`m glad to hear that things are going well. I want to extend the challenge to take a few moments to reevaluate a few things. Where are our priorities? How are we doing in our daily scripture study? Are we praying and conversing with our Father in Heaven? How are we doing in keeping the covenants we`ve made? Are we recognizing the tender mercies of the Lord in our day to day routine? I`m going to try to do the same. Sometimes we just need a few minutes to reevalute.

I hope all is well and that everyone is happy. If you`re not happy, what is stopping you?

Love, Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment