Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Happy birthday, Logan! One year and walking! So fun to see your videos and pictures. I hope that your party was fun.

I got the pictures that you sent. DANG I love my family. Ya´ll are so dang attractive. It was so fun to see all of you in different moments. You all look so good.

Changes have been...good...kind of a huge change, but good. Crossing a couple streets is a bigger change than I thought. I´m closer to the ocean which means more money. My area is MASSIVE and it has money. We spend more time walking from place to place than we do teaching and in areas with money...well, I feel like I´m back in my first area to be honest. I have to readjust my mind as to what success really is in the mission. 

My companion, Hermana Ascencio, is a gem. She just finished her training and she is a hard worker. We both have fun blisters on our feet and after long days she still keeps her head up. I know she´s tired and hurting and frustrated at times, but she holds it well. She works well with the people and we get along well. It´s an adjustment to go back to pure spanish 24-7, but she´s patient and we have fun together.

My new zone, also pure Latinos almost and more Elders. I didn´t think zones like that existed anymore haha. My last zone was almost pure gringos and Hermanas. I´m excited though because I know my Spanish will improve a lot.

We have worked a lot with less active members and new converts. It´s always interesting to hear their stories and see new life styles. Haha we were teaching a new convert, he´s got to be in his late 60 probably 70 something about family history and temple work. He was trying to decide who would be worthy enough in his family to have their work done. This guy. haha I think he will understand a bit better with time in the church. He´s pretty new.

Well this week has really just been a lot of readjusting. I hope things are going well where you are. Know that I love and pray for you and wish the best always. Chins up. 

Love, Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment