Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

Hello family! Happy fourth of July this weekend. Eat some good food and enjoy being outside for me and don´t get too burned. 

The picture is from last Monday. We went to the beach with the Marler's to play baseball and build sandcastles. It was really a fun time. They are so great. We were there as a zone and we got to be there with my old zone -- not that anyone there now was with me when I was there.  Always fun to see good friends though. 

This week was really pretty good. We´ve been having good success with Camila and now her family as well. I know we will see good things come from all the time we have spent there. They are good people and we have had a lot of really good lessons and experiences with them this week.

The Familia Goicochea also had a good experience at the temple. Segundo and Consuelo normally have come to church to bring their daughter Anasofia, but since they got in at four in the morning she wasn´t feeling very well and they came without her! So cool. We are going to have a lesson with them on Wednesday with the bishop. I think we are going to invite them to be baptized again. I feel good about it.

I had to give a talk on Sunday on scripture study. I got really good remarks and comments so I think it went well. I felt really pretty good about it. I was really happy because I actually hadn´t written anything down. I had some ideas and personal experiences and the idea I wanted to get across and it really just flowed out. The bishop called me last night to tell me I hit it right on. He also called to say how happy he was because Luis, a YSA new convert had remarked to him how powerful our lesson had been with Camila that day. Made me feel very good and happy. 

My focus this change really has been the members. I can feel their love now so much more and I really hope that the efforts that have been made will pay off. If anything I am happy with it and I feel so happy here in my ward. 

There was a scripture I really loved in Deuteronomy 4:9. at this moment I can´t remember for the life of me what it says, but it was good enough that I wrote it down. Look it up hehe

Things are good here. I´m happy and working hard. I´m staying focused and loving these fabulous people. 16 months sure has been an interesting time, but it´s a good kind of interesting.

Be good, stay strong, love love love

love, Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment