Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Another week! Before you think I didn`t remember -- HAPPY FATHER`S DAY on Sunday to Dad, Kyle, and Jake. Thanks for being such good dads to some pretty important people in my life. I`m sad I can`t call, but I`ll be thinking of you and maybe we can arrange something in a couple months hehe

So my new companion is....AWESOME! I love her. Her name is Sister Skirvin. She`s from Alpine, Utah. She actually is from California and her and her sisters´s (she`s a triplet) birth mom is Mexican so everyone expects her to be Latina, but she`s from the States. She has 13 months in the mission. She`s really quiet and she has struggled with the language a bit, but I`m just having a blast with her. She`s a sweet heart. She is passing through some tough things right now, though and I think it would be nice to keep her and I in your prayers. Please do that for me? 

I had a few reality checks this week. My trunky name tag came...I still can`t wear it, but it`s here. I quickly placed it at the bottom of one of my drawers so I don`t have to look at it haha. Right after that, an Elder from the office called to ask me about some things because he was buying our flight tickets...I gave him your cell number dad because I don`t know what the plans are. Hopefully he got a hold of you. President Marler also has called a couple of times to see how my companion and I are doing haha...it`s been interesting, but hopefully that is all behind now and I can just focus. 

We spent the week really trying to get to know more members and ¨gain favor in their eyes¨. I talked to President about that and I just felt like it was necessary. I told him maybe our indicators would be a bit lower, but it`s important that the members feel our love and support and what better time to do it than when you have a new companion. It has been fun visiting more members and I just love them more and more all the time.

Isaac received the Aaronic Priesthood and Jose gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. I hear every so often that the Davila family is one of the strongest families back in Bellamar. Things like that just get me. It makes me so happy and I just want to keep feeling that. It`s interesting the love we gain for people here. They just become a part of you and your experience.

We`ve had a rough while trying to find people to teach. Please send some prayers so that we can find people who want to learn and will find happiness with this message, because truthfully, it is the only message that speaks peace to our spirits. The Lord only gives spiritual commandments -- they are never temporal. He knows us so perfectly and I love Him for that.

I love you all so much. Keep being strong. Keep being good. Make good decisions. Go to church.

Love Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment