Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

Hello!

I hope your father`s day was great! It sounds like it was a good day.

I love the pictures of my nephews. How cute are they? How cool about the tricycle. It`s a nice one too...thanks Carol! It`s so crazy how big they are. They seem like happy chillens....are they? Sometimes I watch kids here and as cute as they are I cringe and hope that my nephews are a bit better behaved haha

Things continue here in the good old ward Gedeon. Hermana Skirvin and I keep working hard. We are trying to gain trust and confidence with the members. I made some little cards for father`s day and we took them to a couple of the men in the ward to wish them a buen dia. We have been visiting a lot of families as well and are hoping that it pays off. We were able to find a few more people this week as well which was great. I`m really hoping that we can get them to progress. 

We talked with Camila about the gospel of Jesus Christ again. We went over faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. We invited her to be baptized again. I asked her if she still had desires to be baptized and she said yes, but that she felt like there was still more she needed to know. We`ve taught her everything! Bah! So we went over the baptismal interview  questions. There are a few things we can go back over, but when she realized that she actually knows a lot I think it helped her. I am really hoping and praying that we can get her to progress. 

The familia Goicochea (Segundo and Consuelo) will hopefully start to progress soon as well. They have almost everything, they just don`t want to commit to baptism yet....grrr. I think we are going to invite our ward counsel to pray and fast with us to get them involved and feel the  importance. Hopefully we can see some progress there.

Isaac had an interview with the Bishop this week and he blessed the water in sacrament meeting yesterday. So cool. I love my job.

So crazy story of the week; Hermana Skirvin and I were walking down the road the other day. To one side is the road and to the other there is a big tall ¨wall¨ (actually the side of houses, but it looks and acts more like a great big wall). Anyway, we`re walking and we hear this loud crashing noise behind us. Not an abnormal noise, I thought it was a  guy with his cart  and he had moved something and it was just the things on his cart moving. I glanced around and there is a car speeding towards us. I push Hermana Skirvin and we went running. A lady had been driving and must have been going too fast because she hit this parked car and it went up over the curb fast and spinning hit the wall, bounced off and went back into the street all crashed up. It seemed like everyone was OK and we were just fine. freaked me out for a couple seconds, but everyone was alright. Poor lady that was driving. We still don`t know what actually happened. We didn`t stick around afterwards...we aren`t supposed to. But we`re fine. It was just kind of crazy. Then later that day we saw another accident just in front of us and then that night there was a tremor that was big enough it woke me up. I have been thanking my heavenly father a lot these days for keeping us safe. I know we are definitely watched over and protected.

Well, I love you all so much. Please be good, stay strong, and don`t be easily offended. Love, have patience, read the scriptures, pray, and grow. 
 
Love Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment