Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Hola familia! I'm just going to say it now -- I'm grateful I have you forever! You are my life and I am so truly grateful for your influence. You give me determination and hope in everything. I completed 5 months in my mission on Saturday...Crazy right? also I ate ceviche de octopus today....

Well this week there are a few things that I am so grateful for -- The law of chastity. I can not express how many times I have thought to myself in the last two weeks of the importance of this law and this great blessing. The family is so important and Satan is doing all he can to destroy this beautiful gift we have. The world sees it as a restriction, but my testimony of this divine guidance has grown to an extreme over the past little bit. As families and individuals we are able to have peace and true love one for another as we follow the guidance given to us. When we don't protect our minds from harmful things actions follow and always always always there is regret and pain. Thanks to the amazing examples in my life I can see the blessings from following the plan of the Lord. The word of wisdom -- another thing I am so grateful for. Really for the same reasons.

We had the opportunity to teach a man this week named Santiago. It was a great lesson, and I felt really good about it, but as I thought about it I was quite saddened. What we talked about, we have talked about with others before, but it really hit me this time. He was really quite sad and the topic was that he felt that he couldn't change. So often we feel this way. The natural man really is so strong and many times it seems completely impossible to overcome this state. Many times we may feel hopeless that we can never become better, however, as we put our trust in the Lord, we know that we can. We can change our nature and become God-like. We can become better. It takes time and it takes A LOT of patience, but we can change. I definitely am learning this for myself.

The thing that the Lord is teaching me the most at this time of my life is patience. I'm certainly a slow learner, but He's working reeeaaally hard to teach me this Christlike attribute. Gonsolo ni Gustavo didn't come to church this week which was really frustrating. They are the two that can really progress, that have such potential, that refuse to come to church. It's really hard, but we just have to keep trying.

This change is over at the end of this week. I can't believe it really. It was longer than others -- 8 weeks verses 6 and it feels like 4. Elder Cook my first zone leader and Elder Felt my current district leader will finish their missions this Sunday... it will definitely be a sad day. I have such great respect for worthy Priesthood holders who actively strive tolift and help those around them. I have great respect for these two young men. 

Well I love you all so much. Keep being good, keep working hard, don't do drugs :X

Love Bug







No comments:

Post a Comment