Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

Can you believe it´s July already? I feel like yesterday was June 1st! Time is flying. I love hearing about your lives! It sounds like things are going great. You are all in my prayers and I think of you often.

Well, this week was pretty great. In our goals we were kind of low, but it was better than last week. My companion is awesome and our ward is starting to get motivated. It helps when they have confidence in the missionaries.


This week we had a service project as a mission. We went to Central (a place in our mission) and went to a place that I think is like for the Government and had a meeting with the Mayor of Acaldi. He presented President Turk with a certificate and metal of some sort. The church is a friend to the people here. It was a really cool experience. We sang our national anthem and then the national anthem of Peru. At the end of their anthem it says ¨The God of Jacob¨. I thought that was really cool. Then we went to our assigned areas and swept the streets. It was long and for the first time in a week the sun came out so it actually got hot...not as hot as you´re experiencing though. 

We taught a young lady named Marcia one day this week. It was an interesting experience. She´s 20 and has received part of the lessons before...like a year ago I think. She believes the Book of Mormon is true and I honestly believe she´d be baptised, but her family is very catholic (like everyone else here) and she is afraid that they will (I think) disown her. She loves her family clearly, and doesn´t want to hurt them. We will teach her again this week. Please pray for her strength. 

Another cool experience: New President of the mission! He got here on Saturday. Saturday we were out tracting when we got a call from Elder Castillo -- assistant to the President. He asked when our ward met -- 8:00. "President Marler would like to meet with you and your companion before your meetings!" We got to meet him and his wife and they assisted our Sacrament meeting!!! We are the first missionaries to get to know him. So cool. He and his wife are very humble and just such great people. I can tell they are going to be great leaders.

Well, I love you! I hope you´re doing great. I pray for you often.

Love Hermana Butterfield

I read Alma chapter 5 -- very humbling experience but then I read chapter 8. I invite you all to do the same. Also 1 John 4:6-9 and 16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment