Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013


The 5th of August...I can`t believe it truthfully...time is certainly flying. 

This week...this week was a week of miracles. My testimony of the fast has definitely grown. Here`s a nice little story for you. Let`s be honest, our numbers have been terrible and we really haven`t been very successful in having lessons as of late. We are working and doing what we can, but no one is ever home. Really quite frustrating to be completely honest. We have one investigator, Gonzalo, who we have been teaching for quite some time. We saw success with him in the last week, but he failed to come to church. We have been praying and hoping that he could feel something that would lead him to progress. On Wednesday we met with him and we talked about faith. He told us that he wants to have more faith, the kind of faith that we have. And he expressed again his desire to be baptized! We invited him to have a tour of the church on Saturday, hoping that maybe it would help him feel more comfortable and settle any type of fear that he had. He came and it went well. To conclude we went to the chapel and talked about the Sacrament and read the Sacrament prayer with him. He seemed pleased and said he was emotional and excited to come.

Divergence .. other investigator, Santiago. He`s an older gentleman that we have taught and we feel that he is sincere it`s just hard to encounter him at his house. We had invited him to church a few times, Hermana Diaz and I, but he never came. So when Hermana Villanueva invited him and he said yes, I will admit, my faith was weak.

We started our fast on Saturday after lunch and we had decided that we were going to fast especially for these to men that they could progress.

On Sunday when we arrived we entered the chapel and to my amazement, Santiago was there! He had come and was sitting quietly in the pew. I was so happy. I looked around and to my dismay there was no sign of Gonzalo. His friend was there, but not Gonzalo. BAH! So much time and more effort with him and he didn`t even come. Our progressing investigator once again fell. I was shifting between feelings of happiness for Santiago and frustration for Gonzalo.

Well, I went up towards the end of the meeting to share my testimony (which has definitely gotten easier for sure). As I look over our ward there was Gonzalo! He had come and I was so happy!

Heavenly Father answers our prayers. He hears us and He knows exactly what we need. I know that because we exercised faith the Lord helped two of His children to exercise their faith as well.

This week we have a meeting in the mission home with just the Sisters. I`m pretty excited to see what they have planned for us. I think it will be a really neat opportunity. 

We have changes on Sunday and we will see what happens. The time before changes there is always a lot of anticipation, but we also know that with every change we are able to grow a little bit more.

Another thing that I have been thinking a lot about is our conversion to the Gospel. In the church there are two types of members. Members who are converted to the church and members who are converted to the Gospel. When we are converted to the Gospel, we have a desire to share what we know and believe to be true. Let`s be converted to the Gospel. Through the Gospel we recognize who we are and who`s we are.

Well family, I love you! Keep doing good, keep doing the simple things, remember who you are, don`t do drugs.

Love Hermana Butterfield

¨Being blessed with hope, let us, as disciples, reach out to all who, for whatever reason, have moved away from the hope of the gospel. Let us reach to lift hands which hang hopelessly down.¨ Elder Neal A. Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment