Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013


6 months tomorrow! Can you believe it? It´s quite shocking to me as well. I´m not sure if it´s just me and the time in the mission field, or does it seem quick to you all as well?

This week....Gonzalo was baptized! Wahoo! It was definitely a happy day. I don´t know what it is, but I like teaching men more than women. I think part of it is that they are not only baptized and confirmed, but with time they have another potential to recieve the Priesthood as well. To see this grand potential is something I never really thought of as deeply as I have now. Gonzalo truly was a golden investigator. The moment he started acting to learn for himself the Spirit worked within him and he progressed so quickly. So after 2 months he has been baptized and confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You can just see the happiness radiating from his eyes.

This week we enncountered various new investigators and many seem to have such great potential. The Lord works in mysterious ways. It´s after our times of trials and difficulties, our times of preparation and anticipation that He begins to reveal miracles. It´s so true in our everyday lives. We all have difficult times and times where it seems like things just won´t happen, or just won´t work out, but these are times of preparation that the Lord gives us so that we can recognize the complete and true happiness and joy that comes from His tender mercies.

Sorry it´s short this week, but know I love you all very much. You are my strength and I am so forever grateful for the love and support you give me. Thank you for being the rocks that keep me strong.

Love Hermana Butterfield

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I will try not to be too homesick on Thursday :) I have a lot of love here as well though so know I am well taken care of. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment