Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013


I know I say this all the time, but I really can`t believe the date! I hit my four month mark in Peru yesterday and it just seems so strange.

This week was filled with new and good opportunities for growth. My companion is the Sister in charge of all of the sisters in my zone so she has to attend a leadership training meeting once a month. Normally, before I would have gone to another area in our zone with other sisters, but this time since there`s a trio in another area, Hermana Grow came to my area and we spent the day together here. It was definitely a good experience. We didn´t really have much success in lessons, however, with two gringas walking around, contacting was a bit easier...we had people come up to us. How lucky!


Pres. y Sister Marler
On Thursday, the Marler`s had put together a meeting for just the sisters in the mission home. It was really fun and it was a good opportunity to learn from the other sisters. We did practices and talked about extending commitments and following up. We talked about wardrobe and looking professional. President Marler and Sister Marler both gave short discourses. There is always a sweet spirit there with them.

On Saturday again Hermana Grow came to my area and Hermana Villanueva went to Huanchaco to help the sisters there. We got to teach a couple of lessons which was fun. It`s cool to be able to teach a lesson in Spanish to the needs of the person and to know that I couldn`t do that before. It was far from perfect and the family still didn`t come to church, but I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is always there to guide us when we are doing His work.

This week we have changes. I was almost positive that I would be changing areas, but nope! I will have at least one more change here in Los Jardines. We will however be getting a new companion and Hermana Villanueva will be training again. I have a feeling since she will be busy as usual with her other assignments I will be helping quite a bit, so it will be a good help for the future changes. We don`t know anything about her, other than that she`s a gringa. I can feel my Spanish retreating already...shoot. No, I`m still going to continue to speak in Spanish. I can lose what I have...haha

Well family, it sounds like everything is going well. I love to hear from you and what is going on in your lives. Thank you for your love and support and always sharing your fun experiences. They are precious to me.
Hermana Villanueva
Calle Larco
Keep being good, don`t do drugs.
Studying Doctrine in Spanish
I can split an apple with my hands
Thank you Hermana Grow
Love Hermana Butterfield





No comments:

Post a Comment