Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 29, 2013


April 29th, 2013

Greetings from Peru! If you were all here I´d kiss you! ;)
Well, exciting news! We had our first baptism on Saturday! Exciting right?! Santiago was baptized and it was so great! We finally got his mom to let him on Friday night late and it was an exciting day. Elder Castillo baptized him and Elder Cook was one of the witnesses. Santiago was so happy and you could tell his mom was touched. He was confirmed in Sacrament meeting yesterday and it was just awesome. I love the church and the changes you can see in people as they try to align their lives with the teachings of the Savior.  I am ever grateful for the Priesthood and the blessings it brings.

We also have had a couple of lessons that went really well and the people seem quite receptive. Honestly I´m learning that at this point that a lot of missionary work is a lot of walking around..but we are searching for people and that´s what´s important.

Elder Bednar came and spoke to our mission on Thursday. He is a treat. Honestly just so fun and he has such a strong presence and spirit. It was funny because my companions were so nervous about him coming. I forget how blessed we are to so often hear from living prophets and apostles. To live so close to be able to attend General Conference...wow. So great.
We had interviews with President Turk on Tuesday. It was great, but kind of sad because they will be released in July so it was our last one. President Turk is so awesome. I don´t know him super well obviously, but he really has such an awesome attitude and spirit and Sister Turk is a bomb shell. She has so much energy it is hilarious.
My companions are awesome.  Hemana Maza will be leaving here soon. She´s from Lima and was called to Argentina but no VISA yet. What a blessing it has been for me though because she really has been such a help to me. She is patient and slows down her speaking so that I can understand a bit better. Hemana Diaz is a convert to the Gospel and really has a passion for it.  They´re both wonderful and I truly am blessed!
Love, Hermana Butterfield
xoxoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment