Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014

Hello all. 

Well, I´m sitting here and I just realized that tomorrow I hit my 15 months in the mission. We will receive changes next week and then I have 2 changes left. A little overwhelming, but I am just so grateful that for now I still have this time to enjoy serving the Lord in his wonderful work. 

This last Saturday was Isaac´s baptism! After working with him for so long it was such a joy to see him baptized. He asked that the Bishop baptize him and to be honest I couldn´t have thought of anyone better to do it. Our Bishop is awesome and I have loved working with him. We were happy to see quite a few of our members there and especially those of the high priest group in which he will participate. Such a joy to see and such a wonderful experience to see growth in not just one person, but to see an impact on those of his quorum.

We also had interview´s with President Marler on Wednesday. So good. I love that man and his wife and I am so grateful to them and who they are. They are so strong. I didn´t say anything because I feel strange, but their grandson who is 3 passed away on Easter Sunday. Hermana Marler actually went home for a bit to be with their family. I was so impressed to sit with her on Wednesday and listen to her testimony of the Savior and faith. Please hug my nephews for me and let them know how much I love them. It´s interesting the things we pass through in our time on our missions -- and really in our lives. I just love talking with President and I always feel so much better after conversing with him. They truly have taken on the role of parents here in the mission and they love their children.

We are still trying to get things organized for our noche de tortas this Friday. I´m crossing my fingers that everything turns out well and that the members invite their friends and neighbors. It should be really fun and it will be fun to do just before changes.

Funny story of the week: We were with a recent convert, Pedro Pablo. He´s somewhat crazy but always such a treat to talk with him. He was talking about the other missionaries of other churches that come to try to visit him. He talked about the Jehovah´s witnesses and the Catholics -- the two other churches here that are super popular. Anyway, he said he wanted to say to the Catholic missionaries -- If you want me to pray to a MAN, to the pope, to Satan? Just keep walking. Oh shoot. Somewhat really inappropriate, but I almost fell off my chair when he said that. It was so hard not to laugh. I think it´s funnier in Spanish, but it was a funny moment.

Well things are all good here. I hope you´re all doing well and loving life and staying firm. Remember there are always a lot of things to do, but when we put the Savior first, He is who blesses and edifies us the most.

Love you so much!

Love, Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment