Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hello again!

I hope you all had a great Mother´s day weekend. Yesterday was such a miracle. I am so grateful that I was able to see and talk with a few of you yesterday. What a blessing to have family that is so supportive and whom I can feel love and support. Thank you for all you do and for who you are. 

This last monday we got to go to the beach! So fun. Although we couldn´t go anywhere near the water, it was so beautiful to see. We played some volleyball, ate lunch, took pictures, and I just loved to be there, away from the busy stuff. We live so close to the coast, but we never get to see the ocean and I really do miss seeing the things in nature. God is such a great artist and I do still enjoy seeing his sunsets.

Speaking of miracles. Our District leader on Tuesday called and asked if we could assist the baptism that they had that night. They asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. This isn´t the miracle... Camila came to the baptism. Normally we give an English class Tuesday nights and she had come expecting that. This was the second baptism she had been to. When I was giving my talk she told my companion that she wanted to be baptized! So cool. Now it is just a matter of when. She even talked to the Bishop which is gold. We need for our investigators to have that confidence in the Bishop to stay solid after we leave. She talked to him about so questions and things so that was great.

Isaac also seems to be progressing very well. He still has his baptisimal date and we are hoping to see him be baptized next weekend. He seems excited and I am praying that is sticks this time. We had a great lesson with him this week. We had invited a brother to come with us and he bore his testimony and his story. It had nothing to do with what we had talked about, but it was so perfect for what Isaac needed to hear. Thank you Holy Ghost.

We (my companion and I) had the opportunity to help in our zone training this last wednesday. We were asked to do a demonstration of our companionship study. Interesting. But it went really well and a few of our companions said that they were able to feel the Spirit and could learn a few new things and remember a few things that they had been forgetting to apply. Pretty cool. We were kind of nervous because we really didn´t know what to expect. There really werent guidelines -- just do your normal study...ok. They also did a stress management training. Pretty cool. There´s a guide and everything. I wish I could have had it earlier, but there are a lot of really good things in it. The best part is that one of the sisters that was doing the training had really been struggling and had been ready to go home, but the Marler´s worked really hard with her and she is doing so well and is loving the work. It´s interesting how the adversary works so hard to destroy, many times, some of the lord´s strongest and most valient youth. 

This week was a bit rough. We did a LOT of walking around and I had been feeling pretty spent and a bit frustrated. I am grateful for the things that the Lord teaches us and I know we will move forward because this is His work.

I love you all so much. I hope you have had a fabulous week and I am excited to hear from you soon.

Love, Hermana Butterfield

P.S. My Bishop sends his regaurds and says thank you for being brave and allowing me to be where I am. He´s awesome and loves the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment