Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

What`s up family!

Always good to hear from you and know what`s going on. I hope you`re all doing well and that you`ve had a great week. Things were pretty normal here, the day to day work.
 
Monday we did have the opportunity to go to a place called Cerro de la Paz -- Peace Hill. Basically we drove in a combi up to mid way where there is a creepy old catholic church...I`m pretty sure there are people buried under the church, like one of those old underground burial chambers. What is it called? a Catatomb or something like that. You can hike up to the top and there`s this massive cross...we didn`t hike all the way up. Some of the elders did, but by the time we decided to do it it was crazy hot and we really didn`t have much time. I was chillin with Hermanas Redd and Ivie and we just took a lot of pictures. We hiked up a ways, but not to the top. It was such a cool view. We could see all of Chimbote. I will try to send pictures at some point...I`m having technical difficulties lately though...just my luck. But it was really pretty and it was a nice change to get out of the same old p-day routine haha.
 
Graciela and Joel were both confirmed on Sunday. Graciela had gotten a bit sick and I was a little concerned we`d have another Joel situation where after the baptism we couldn`t get a hold of him, but everything worked out well. It was so nice to see them confirmed.

This morning we went early to see the youth off as they are travelling to Trujillo for EFY. Gian Franco is going as well. So fun. He has been helping with the Sacrament, Hermana Davila was able to share her testimony in Relief Society, and Luis continues with his classes for the Priesthood. I love this family. 

A sister shared a thought the other day that I really liked. She said something to the effect of that faith isn`t something we see, rather, it`s something we live. If I have learned anything or relearned anything on my mission is that faith is an action. We can`t expect so see the Lord`s hand to change things if we don`t expect to put ours to work. So I liked that little phrase. La fe no es algo que una ve, mas, es algo que una vive.

Well I love you all! I pray for you. Please keep walking by faith!

Love Hermana Butterfield

I chopped off my hair yesterday. I`m still not sure how I feel about it...we`ll see how I like it in a few days haha
 



No comments:

Post a Comment