Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hola!

Conference was awesome, right?! I actually was able to see about two and a half sessions. One and a half in Spanish so I`m hoping to get the Ensign in English next month. What a blessing to hear the words of living prophets of God! We are so blessed to live in days where we have the ability to listen to them and learn from them. 

It has struck me time and time again and then listening to conference this weekend how hard Satan is attacking the family. I am proud to be a daughter of God and to have the divine qualities He has given me. I am proud to be a daughter, sister and friend to righteous priesthood holders. I am grateful for the opportunity to support them in any way that I can as they righteously fulfill their duties. I know my place in the order of our Lord. Not as a lesser being, but as a support and a helper. Thank you to the examples in my life who have taught me the importance of this role. I am grateful to have a testimony of the power and importance of the priesthood in my life.

As to the work we are loving it. We have had the opportunity to work with a few more members this week and it has been a really good experience. The members here really are supportive and it is a nice change. The Bishop even came out with us to visit an investigator the other night. This investigator, Maria Esther, has been being taught for two months now I believe. She had some concerns so she wouldn`t accept a date. Hermana Lasike and I discussed her one morning in our studies and decided that we should reteach the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. I felt strongly to share that Faith and Repentance are principles and that we have these in order to endure to the end. That after baptism we don`t have to be perfect, we just have to be humble and try every day to be better than we were the day before. We will have our falls, but we can always get back up. She accepted a date for the end of this month! We are so excited for her and I pray continually that she will continue to feel this desire and be baptized. She is so good and she even shared the pamphlets that the Hermanas have given her in the past and shared her testimony with friends that she wants us to teach. I can see a change in her eyes and it makes me so happy.

I was also impressed in conference by the invitation the authorities have given us: one person by Christmas. I want to know who came to your minds and I hope that each of us can follow this invitation.

Well I love you all. I hope all is well. I pray for you and I can feel your prayers. They strengthen me and help me every day.

Love Hermana Butterfield
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment