Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

Well family, I hit my 6 month mark in Peru this Friday! Peru has officially been my home for half a year. I love it so much. 

So I feel that I should share an experience that happened this week. On Thursday, we were contacting a man -- who was awesome -- but the phone started to go off. I went to silence it so it wouldn´t bug us. As I was pressing the button I realized that it was president Marler. I just hung up on the President of my mission. Awesome. But I knew he`d rather me contact. Yeah no big. So as we`re walking I try to call him back. The call wouldn´t go through it wouldn´t go through it wouldn´t go through. Suddenly I felt a splash of water on my face. What the?! Hermana where did that water come from? We´re in the middle of a sand road, no trees in sight, clear sky. Hermana Lasike turns around and looks at me and we both realize what happened. I´ve got bird crap on my face. hahahaha We both start busting up laughing and as soon as this happens, who decides to answer the phone? I am laughing so hard I`m crying, standing in the middle of a road, and President Marler answers his phone. It was a good time. Don´t worry...I wiped it off on the way to an appointment with a post-it note... I love Peru.

This week was really good. We had two baptismal interviews. One was for Hermana Doris. She`s so ready to get baptized she just won`t accept a date! We were hoping the interview would help her get a bit more animated and the Elder said she can get baptized any time, she just wants to be ready. It`s nice because Hermana Lasike and I both have the same idea that we will never pressure someone to be baptized. We can bring them to the water, but we aren`t going to drag them there. It`s hard though because in situations like this we just have to be very patient which is something both of us lack. We also had the interview of a young man named Tom. He`s awesome and we have enjoyed working with him. It`s an interesting story in how we encountered him and how it all happened and I`ll tell you another day...sorry, not a lot of time. He was baptized on Saturday. We are really excited to continue working with him.

We have seen a lot of blessings and I know that the Lord is blessing this area because the ward members are working hard as well. We had interviews with President and Sister Marler on Friday and I just love working with them. I know I am where I am in the time I am here because I need to work with them. They are truly wonderful people.

Well I love you. Be good. Remember who`s you are.

Love Hermana Butterfield











No comments:

Post a Comment