Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

I got my birthday letters from Kyle and Chrissy and Aunt Paula and Uncle Les. Thank you so much. It really was such a great experience to read the experiences and testimonies from everyone. There is such love and power when we can recognize the Lord's hand in our lives.

Hey guess what?! I'm growing up! I received my first transfer last night at 10. There are three different main areas in the Peru Trujillo mission. Trujillo, Huaraz, and Chimbote. I'm going 2-3 hours more north to be in Chimbote! I'm very excited to get to know a bit more about Peru and get to know new people. I'm obviously a bit nervous as I'm sure you can all imagine but it will be a good experience. We can't progress if there is never change. I'm to the point where I need more opportunities to progress and I can't do that as much as I need to. The scariest part is that I will be senior companion...woof! I don't know my companion, but I do know she's kind of Gringa, she's from Tonga! I'm stoked to have this new experience. Prayers, please?

This last week was spent mainly in Razuri with Hermana Watkins while her companion was with their pensionista recuperating. It was a really good experience and my testimony that no matter where we go, no matter where the church is, we have a home and we have people who love and support us. Razuri is a very small area, but Hermana Watkins and I were able to have some good success while we were there and I was definitely grateful for the opportunity to be there.

I was reading this morning in Helaman chapter 6 and there were various parts that struck me, but something that I really liked was in verse 1. The Lamanites we starting to become more righteous than the Nephites and this is for two reasons; The Nephites were becoming prideful and the Lamanites had become firm and steadfast in their faith. In life we really won't have grand visions -- or at least I haven't nor do I believe I ever will, however, as we are humble and we are firm and steadfast in our faith we keep our covenants with Heavenly Father -- we endure to the end.

Well, sorry it's short. I hope everything is going well back home. I love you all so much and miss you. Keep being good, keep making good choices and don't do drugs. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, and go to church. They're all important to remain faithful and safe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment: