Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013


Hey everyone! 
So yesterday was pretty awesome! I loved seeing my family so much. You are all just so beautiful to me and I love your spirits. You have each helped me so much in so many ways and I am truly blessed to call you my family. I wasn´t expecting James and Anna or Grandma to be there so that was such a fun surprise. The babies are getting so big and I loved to hear Brisbane´s laugh and see Logan´s smile. What gems.

So this week was pretty fun. Monday was p-day and we had it with our zone. We watched 'How to Train Your Dragon' (in Spanish). And then we played volleyball. That was fun.

On Tuesday night we were finishing up proselyting. We decided to go to one more house before we returned to our room. As we were approaching the door we got a phone call. It was the office asking where we were...um proselyting? Elder Cook forgot to call and tell me that I was supposed to fly to Lima with a group of missionaries. Oops. We had to be to the office in 20 minutes...it´s 20 minutes away at least and I had to pack still. So we booked it back to our room, I shoved some stuff in a bag, we grabbed a taxi and left. We got there in 25 minutes...I´m not sure how that happened, but hey, I´ll take it. It may have something to do with the fact that there are no traffic laws (to my knowledge). haha

Lima was cool. We got to the hotel at about 2 in the morning. I´m a fan of hotels here. They have hot water and lack little bug friends haha. I felt a bit weird being there but it was nice.  We woke up and went to the place where they do paperwork for ID´s or something, not really sure what it is, but I´ll figure it out eventually. We stood outside for 2 hours and some of the missionaries were able to go in a do their stuff, but a group of us didn´t have some sort of papers so we went somewhere else so they could do fingerprints, check our teeth, etc. Basically it´s so if they find our bodies they can identify us. So don´t worry or anything.... haha I thought it was hilarious.  I fly back to Lima tonight and will return tomorrow night. It´s hard because I feel like I miss out on a lot that happens, but it´s necessary. 

We finally contacted a little girl that we contacted on the street in my first week here. We´ve gone to her house a few times, but she´s never there. She came to church with us and she wants to be baptized! Diana is ten and she reminds me of a Latina version of Shannon. She´s sweet and really smart.

I ate pollo ceviche yesterday...it was actually really good. I never thought I´d say that, but it was good.  The weather varies day to day. It has actually been rather cold here. Yesterday and today the sun has been really strong though. It´s hard to know what to expect because it´s never consistent, but it´s good.

I am so grateful for great families in our ward. They are so wonderful and such a comfort. They always are willing to give a hug or a smile and it helps so much. I really have been so blessed with a great ward. Changes are coming up! Can you believe I hit my month mark here in Peru on Thursday.  I can´t believe it. It´s crazy how time goes when you don´t think about it that much.

Hermana Bond, an Hermana in the mission shared a great scripture passage with me. DyC 50:40-46. Read it. It´s awesome.

Well, I love you all. You´re amazing and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Keep being strong, and keep being good. When we are obedient to the Lord´s plan, He blesses us so much. I know this, and I see it in my life everyday. He doesn´t take away our challenges, but He gives us the strength to overcome everything if we ask Him.

Love Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment