Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Welp, here it is folks! the last email. Aren`t you glad you won`t have me harassing you via email every week?

This is a lot harder than I thought. It`s hard thinking of leaving these people that I have worked with and have loved so much. I know there is a time for everything, however, and I look forward to seeing your faces as well, in the airport, waiting for me, with balloons, nephews, simply lemonade and a bag of Sunchips. hehe. 

 Monday we had a p-day with all of the sister missionaries from two of the three zones here in Chimbote. We made pancakes. Hermana Skirvin and I found pancake mix and maple syrup so we did that. It was fun.

This last week reconfirmed to me of the love the Lord has for each and everyone of us and how he knows each one of us so perfectly. We were able to have some good successes, to meet and help new people, and to have  some really good talks. 

Camila has decided that she wants to be baptized. For sure this time. please keep her in your prayers as she has not a lot of support from those in her family. The plan is for her to be baptized this Friday and confirmed on Sunday. It will be a small reunion but we are happy with her decision. 

We also were able to go to the baptism of a young man that has been investigating the church for quite a while. He`s very cool, but I think he also lacks family support.

I had to give the lesson in gospel principals with not a whole lot of prep time. It was on the word of wisdom and I won`t lie  I was a bit nervous because we had an investigator that was visiting for the first time. We had met the night before and let`s be honest that`s not probably the first thing she was expecting to learn about. It ended up really good though and she actually seemed to have a great experience -- minus when her and Camila went to the bathroom - her phone fell in the toilet and now doesn`t work  ....   dang.  Other story though. Her and Camila clicked really well and I am happy for that.

My ward is progressing really well. They were awesome when I got here, but there is always room to grow and they are blossoming. Sometimes having the right people in the right calling makes all the difference.

I don`t really know what else to write...I feel so strange to know this stage is coming to an end, but I am grateful to know there are always more plans in the Lord`s time table. I look forward to seeing you all soon. Make good choices, know I love you, I pray for you. Read your scriptures, say your  prayers, go to church, don`t do drugs. 

Love Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment