Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

Well hello there, all! Just so you all know today I complete 16 months in Peru. Kinda crazy! 

This last week was pretty good. We had zone training and the zone leaders asked me to give a short training 20-30 minutes on some things relating to obedience. I think they had me do it because if anyone got mad, well, they can´t be mad at me too much longer haha. No, but it actually went really well. I was happy to do it and I got good feed backs. My zone leader said that I had had the correct people read the correct things. Who knew? Kinda cool.

There was also a stake talent show. We were going to do a skit, but there just wasn´t time. It was really fun though. The Elders did a skit about chewing gum that every one liked. 

A cool thing that happened as well, we got a new ward mission leader. He is the husband of our pensionista. He´s a good guy. He´s been through a lot and recently received the ability to have a calling again. This will be great for him to remember the importance of the basics and get involved again. He loves the mission work so I think this is perfect for him.

Super funny. Our bishop is a gem. On Friday he called and asked if I had ever seen the movie The Ring. When I said yes he said, you have seven days...well you have a few more than that, but not by much. haha so funny.

Segundo Goicochea received the Priesthood yesterday! Wahoo! He should be blessing the sacrament next week.

It´s been really sad to think of leaving these people behind. Really this week it has been hitting me that there is a good chance that I will never see any of them again in person and it hurts a bit. I am grateful for this time that I have had to love and grow and serve the people here. I do love them so much and I know that I was supposed to be here for them to touch my life forever. 

I love you all so much. I hope you´ve all had a great week and that you all know how much you mean to me. Thanks for your love and support.

Love,
Hermana Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment